2014 is one for the history books now, even if you’re still writing it on all of your checks. Before we move on completely, though, let’s take a quick look back at what the year meant for House Party, our clients and our community.
Over the past 12 months, we:
- Announced a variety of major product and platform updates, including House Party Hub, our new client dashboard for real-time campaign analytics and UGC; video reviews, to engage passionate advocates and develop compelling content to use across the web; and a revamped Event Feed to better surface campaign content and conversations.
- Launched the official House Party mobile app, which gives consumer advocates even more ways to engage with brands and spread their enthusiasm. (Those who use the app post up to 50% more discussions and up to 280% more photos.)
- Talked about the past, present and future of advocacy marketing with a variety of brand partners and industry friends, including, Animal Planet’s Sarah McMurdy, Edelman’s Missy Maher, HP’s Amy Dickerson, MorningStar Farms’ Bryan Fuller, Soy Vay’s Liz Tung, Keller Fay’s Ed Keller and Crimson Hexagon’s Sarah Loeb.
- Helped lead the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA)’s landmark “Return on WOM” study, which found that an offline word-of-mouth impression is at least five times more effective than a paid-media impression, and that word of mouth drives 13% of consumer sales ($6 trillion dollars in the US, annually), more than one-third of the amount driven by all paid marketing.
- Gained our one-millionth community member (and counting).
- Identified what drives purchases of toys and games. (The answer: word of mouth.)
- Explored whether the ROI of word of mouth and earned media can be measured. (The answer: it can.)
- Brought home some hardware, including a WOMMY Award and Forrester Groundswell Award for the MorningStar Farms Feel Good Grilling House Party campaign and a Social TV Award and Event Technology Award for the Puppy Bowl VIP House Party campaign.
And, for dessert, we had a bit of cake.
What will 2015 bring for House Party? Perhaps parties on Mars. Or maybe guests will get to their gatherings via jetpacks. Or party snacks will be replaced by little pills that deliver all the nutrients you need. It’s the future — who knows? Just remember to keep an eye here on the blog to see what happens.