MIAMI, FL--(Marketwired - Nov 10, 2015) - The American Beverage Consortium is pleased to announce the winners of the inaugural 2015 Golden Bevies, honoring the best in beverage marketing. The Golden Bevies recognizes top brands and agencies who have made a significant contribution to the digital marketing world and demonstrated a successfully executed marketing campaign in the beverage industry. "The inaugural class of Golden Bevies recipients embodies the eBev mission of reinventing beverage marketing in a digital world," said Seth Hillstrom, Managing Partner, American Beverage Consortium. "They have succeeded by delivering powerful messages and finding or creating opportunities to tell their brands' stories in ways that are engaging, meaningful, and ultimately valuable to their consumers. As a collective, this group drives strategy and innovation across this and all industries, and inspires us all to continue growing and taking the next steps as marketers and individuals to further our organizations and ourselves." The 2015 Golden Bevies winners are as follows:
- Brand of the Year: 206/Coca-Cola - "We endeavor every day to tell new stories about a company you thought you already knew," said Doug Busk, Group Director, Digital Communications and Social Media, Coca-Cola. "It's awesome to stand among colleagues who tell such incredible stories regarding their brands as well."
- Best Awareness Campaign: Motive/MtnDew DEWshine - "It is really exciting to see the DEWshine launch being recognized by eBev and it is an honor to be awarded an inaugural Golden Bevie," said Sue Christine, Marketing Manager, PepsiCo.
- Best Engagement Campaign: Honest Tea National Honesty Index 2015 - "Honesty is refreshing these days," said Seth Goldman, Honest Tea Co-Founder and TeaEO. "We're gratified that our light-hearted social experiment, the National Honesty Index, which tests people's behavior when (they think) no one is looking, resonates."
- Bang for Your Bev (best campaign under $500k): Beam Suntory Laphroaig - "We could not be more excited to win such a prestigious industry award. Laphroaig's #OPINIONSWELCOME campaign utilized our biggest brand fans to share their paradoxical, funny and provocative opinions about the brand. We invited them to share their opinions through the microsite, social media channels and unscripted videos," said Rachel Harris, Director, Commercial Marketing (Whiskey & Cognac Portfolios), Beam Suntory. "The campaign was launched in 2014 and amplified on digital and social platform for the 200-year anniversary of the whiskey. In 2015, the campaign was brought to retail allowing consumers to customize the bottle label with their own unique opinion. This is the first time in Laphroaig's history that the front label was altered to feature content by the consumer."
- Best Advocacy or Loyalty Campaign: House Party/Redd's Apple Ale Shark Week - "We're so pleased to be acknowledged by eBev and were honored to take home the Golden Bevie last night. It's great to see our industry recognizing -- and awarding -- the power of authentic influencer marketer programs and the business results they deliver for brands," said Chris Maher, CEO, House Party, Inc.
- Beverage Solution Provider of the Year: Shopkick - "Receiving the Golden Bevie for Solution Provider of The Year from the Beverage Industry over several other providers is a tribute to the tremendous partnerships that the Shopkick team has built with beverage clients," said Alexis Rask, Chief Revenue Officer, Shopkick. "Together we have proven how Shopkick facilitates product engagement between users and in-store beverage purchases, driving incremental sales and brand value."